Taste the regional wines of Catalonia and the food of Escala in northeastern Spain at a 2-hour wine tasting experience in the heart of Barcelona. Sample local cheeses and cured meats, and learn what wine to pair with different Spanish foods.
Start your journey by the Sagrada Familia in the L’Eixample neighborhood. Here, you can admire Antoni Gaudí’s famous masterpiece of the Modernisme movement, before visiting various corners to see the former homes of the bourgeoisie at the turn of the 20th century.
Then, savor the varieties of wine grown in Catalonia, learning the history of wine production in the region as you go. Discover the varietals of grapes available, and learn how to better appreciate the wines through all your senses.
Your guide will teach you what foods go best with each wine, and invite you to ask questions for a more engaging experience. Held at an authentic bodega in the city center to enhance your experience, the tasting also includes a selection of local cheeses and meats.
• Wine tasting of regional wines from 5 different Catalan “denominations of origin”
• An understanding of the different types and characteristics of the grapes
• Olfactory analysis of each wine
• Sensory analysis of each wine
• A platter of different cheeses, sausages, and other produce from the Escala region of Spain’s northeastern coast
• A glass of Cava (regional champagne )
What’s Not Included:
• Any food or drink not specified in “what’s included”
• Tips and gratuities
• Transportation to and from the Sagrada Familia
• Travel insurance
Good to Know:
• Please reserve this tour at least 48 hours in advance. It is a very popular activity and places are limited
• Special clothing or footwear is not required, but comfortable clothing is recommended
• Please advise of any dietary restrictions on booking
• Please provide a contact phone number and email address