Explore the historic Aragonese town of Alquézar on a 12-hour small group tour from Barcelona. Wander the charming medieval streets, and visit the former Arab fortress turned Christian castle and church. Learn how quality Aragonese wine is made.
Situated at the end of the Vero River Canyon, besides the magnificent landscape of the Guara Mountains, the village is an historical-artistic complex and the perfect place for a hike in the countryside.
En route, stop at an organic olive oil factory to taste traditional oils. Continue to a local winery of the Denominación de Origen Somontano to learn how some of Spain’s highest quality wines are produced, followed by a tasting session.
Arrive in Alquézar in time for a traditional lunch. Then, wander the charming streets of the ancient village, ending at the old alcázar, an Arabic fortress built by the Moors, which later became a Christian castle. Enjoy magnificent canyon views from the O’Bicon lookout, before your return drive to Barcelona.
• Round-trip transportation by private vehicle (Barcelona-Alquézar-Barcelona)
• Tickets to olive oil factory, winery, and Colegiata de Alquézar Castle
• Traditional Aragonese lunch
• Guided visit
Good to Know:
• Please note that this is a small group tour for a maximum 8 people
• Tour times are from 07:45 to 20:30 approximately
• Customers must advise of any food allergies or special diet requirements (vegetarian etc.)
• Comfortable shoes are recommended