Walk the trails of the Pyrenees and discover medieval villages on a 9-hour scenic tour from Barcelona. Get panoramic views of the mountains and forests of Northern Catalonia, and swap the bustle of the city for the sound of cows, sheep, and waterfalls.
Depart Barcelona for the foothills of the Pyrenees, just north of the city. Here, you will find charming medieval villages of stone houses, and cafés built directly into the rock. Amazingly well preserved, the villages are also in the middle of some privileged hiking routes, where the loudest sounds you’ll hear are streams and waterfalls, and the occasional sheep, cow, or goose.
Stop for a superb 4 course lunch in a traditional country restaurant. Wander the winding cobblestone streets of the village, among houses that date back more than 500 years. Discover local communities where life is simple and continues its traditions despite the demands of modern life. Sample homemade pastries in a town café, and learn the history of the region as you explore.
A light hike through woods will take you to cliff-top lookouts for great photo opportunities of rivers, canyons, and forested valleys. Non-hikers can relax on a riverview terrace and enjoy the sun.
• English-speaking guide
• Coffee or beverage of choice
• Local pastries in a great local bakery
• Full 4-course meal with wine in a traditional Catalan restaurant
What’s Not Included:
Good to Know:
• Please wear comfortable clothing, and pack a rain jacket in case of rain. Wear comfortable walking shoes with good tread, as flip-flops and dress shoes are not appropriate
• Please note that there is a EUR 15 surcharge if only 2 clients are booked on a non-private tour. Although this is unlikely, the surcharge is to cover guide fees and other costs not normally covered for tours of more than 2 people. The positive side of the supplement is that you get a private tour at a fraction of the cost of a scheduled private tour