Taste the organic wines of Spain and watch the spectacular human tower displays of Mataró on a half-day tour from Barcelona. Visit a famous organic vineyard in the costal wine town of Alella. Then, take part in a centuries old Catalan tradition.
Learn why the region is based on certified organic agricultural practices and consciously preserves the biodiversity of the surrounding Natural Park. Savor the flavor of organic red and white Alella wines as you enjoy magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea.
Continue to Mataró, where you will have free time to wander the Roman town’s narrow streets. Taste appetizing local food, such as Spanish churros in a traditional churrería, or delicious cured ham in the town’s Jamón corner.
Mataró is also home to the association of human tower builders, where over 100 human tower builders rehearse every week to complete their famous towers of humans (castells), a Catalan tradition that has existed for 200 years.
Still the liveliest popular expression of Catalan culture, watch kids as young as 4, and adults, rehearse. Marvel at their agility as they stand on the shoulders of one another. Then, dress up in the castells outfit and follow your team leader for an unforgettable opportunity to be part of a human tower.
• Transportation by minivan or air-conditioned mini-coach
• Tour of organic vineyards
• Wine tasting (wines and cavas)
• Tour of the foodie hotspots of the Roman city of Mataró
• Human tower builder association center entrance fee
• Souvenir picture of your human tower
What’s Not Included:
• Gratuities (optional)
• Food tasting
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Good to Know:
• Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years old. Minors will taste drinks with no alcohol.
• There will be free time to spend at your leisure, so please bring comfortable clothing and footwear
• Note that Spanish law requires children under 10 years to travel in a children’s car seat. Infant seats are available by request if advised at time of booking
• On certain days it will not be possible to see the children’s rehearsal due to school calendar
• Return times are approximate